Spring is almost here and my joy of cooking is back! I don’t really show my cooking ambitions and abilities in the winter time, the cold season is very depressing for me, I always feel sluggish and since I find cooking without joy and love absolutely useless, I’m always happy when spring arrives (as well as many new kinds of vegetables show up in our markets) and I can try all the new colourful recipes with all the spring-ish ingredients.
This time I tried to prepare a leek-curry soup inspired by French cuisine and I have to admit it is one of the best meals I’ve ever prepared so far.
Do you remember the grandma rating scale? You probably do if you stick around here for longer time now, and this time it is 10/10! Needless to say, it is definitely worth a try.
- 800g of leek
- 2 tbsp of ground curry
- 10ml of white wine
- 250ml of bouillon (instant) – either meat or vegetable one
- 250ml of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 80g of shrimps (not obligatory)
- one bunch of chive
- back pepper
- lemon juice
- butter (margarine)
- Clean the leek and chop it lenghtwise into small (0,5cm) semicircles.
- In the meantime prepare the bouillon.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in another pan and let the leek saute in the melted butter. Mix in curry, baste with wine and finally, thin the mixture with hot bouillon.
- Let the soup boil and then after putting down the gas to the minimum let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend the sour cream with flour until smooth and stir it into the soup.
- Cook the soup (on minimum) for 5 more minutes, add salt and black pepper by taste and add a couple of drops of lemon juice.
- Clean and chop the chive. If you’re using shrimps, clean them and put them into the soup.
- Mix everything with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Divide the soup into the plates and sprinkle with chive. Done!
- preparation time: 20 minutes
- enough for 3-4 portions
You can serve this soup with anything on top, I think croutons, bread crumbs or fried bacon can all be fine. Anyway, I really hope you’ll decide to give this soup a try, I really loved it and I’m pretty positive you will as well.
Have a great day!
One thought on “French Leek Soup Recipe”